Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Tower of Guidance (Spoiler Alert)

Yay, I beat Fire Emblem.
Again.

I'm gonna talk about the Tower of Guidance, the endgame of FERD. First off, you have to spend some time deciding who to take with you and then outfit them accordingly. First thing I did was take all the equipment and abilities off everyone that I wasn't going to take with me and put it all in the convoy. Then I did a bunch of other stuff. Getting into detail would be boring to write and boring to read, I'm not making a strategy guide >_>. So anyways I spent a few hours doing that. I had to leave a few units out that I wanted to take with me, but from who I could choose, I did not make a single mistake. My weakest unit was Oscar, who was absolutely necessary for the triangle attack performed by Rolf, Boyd and Oscar. I executed that attack thrice in the final battle, by the way. And Oscar wasn't exactly a turd for strength, he still packed a punch. But my God, the dragons, oh Gawd the dragons.

The dragons suck.

You get two dragons, and they are both very weak units, and you can't leave them behind because they're plot relevant in the tower. They do such little damage it's not even worth pitting them against anyone, and transforming them is only worth it to give them some defense so they don't get killed by enemy units. I blew through that tower though, and you get two more dragons a level before the final boss, and they are both far better than the other two. Only one is worth using though, as after that fight the only enemies you face use magic, and one of the dragons has terrible resistance.

No one died through the entire game. And I can't remember exactly, but I think I beat the final boss in 4 turns. It was pretty hardcore. I had a little trouble near the end of the fight where the last boss attacks everyone all at once for decent damage, cause my Heron got killed twice and Boyd got ganged by some other faggots and got killed once. But I was victorious on my 4th go, and then I did some awesome stuff and won.

But get this. Ike wasn't my main man in this game. He was 3rd. Can you guess who was 1st?

It wasn't Boyd. He was 2nd.

It was Haar. I never saw it coming. But I didn't really expect Ike to be first, I didn't use him as much as I wanted to. Still, it was a pretty hardcore run, and I know I'm gonna do another run in the future. It's just way too awesome.

But what the hell is with the dragons!? Why do they suck!? It's the only thing that baffles me. I mean, in one of the CGI cutscenes, Kurthnaga or whatever his name is flies towards a castle and scares the living shit out of everyone, including Tibarn and Ike and everybody else who could take that retard dragon rather easily, and then he breaths a huge blast that destroys one of the castle's towers and sends it down, killing hundreds.

Then he goes into the tower of guidance and blasts icey fire and a small halberdier and the guy flinches and proceeds to do double the damage to Kurth, and then does it again.

Well whatever, it's still awesome. I'm done now, of course, and I'm gonna move onto something else. Maybe I'll get tales of symphonia from brandon again or play paper mario 2 again or something. I'm thinkin I want to play and turn based RPG that isn't a JRPG, or tales of symphonia, which doesn't fit either of those requirements. But I'll come up with something.

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment