Monday, November 16, 2009

New Super Mario Brothers, Weehee!

I got Super Mario Bros Wii yesterday, and me and my friends played through to halfway through world 5. We could have beaten it if we had the entire day, but we had a lot of filming progress too, I'm not talking about that though cause I'm talking about NSMBW.

I picked it up when EB Games open. First thing I notice is that it has a red case and the word "Wii" in the top right corner is holographic. That is awesome. But, that's not the game. Not to say the game isn't awesome, because it is. Me, Lance, Ryan, and Ryan's brother Zeb all played in awesome 4-player coop and we caused each other more deaths than the terrain or enemies. As is turns out, you can't just pass by each other. If you run into someone, you bump into them and stop. Very light impacts, but it causes a lot of problems when trying to stay mobile. Same with jumping, you can jump off each other's heads and send another player firing down and yourself up. But you can also hit someone horizontally and end both of your horizontal movements and end both of your lives.

Besides the fact that it's dangerous being too close to each other sometimes, having more players is a lot easier. When you die, if there's any one else still alive, you'll spawn in a bubble on the right side of the screen and float around until you're saved by someone popping your bubble, like Yoshi's island. Which reminds me, there's yoshis and they act the exact same as they do in Super Mario world.

Something else hilarious: in coop, every time you hit a ? Block with items, there's a 1:1 ratio for items to active players. So, if you have 4 players out and not in a bubble and with at least 1 life, 4 (let's say) mushrooms will come flying out of the ? block. And then it's a race to get one before someone else accidentally grabs more than their fair share.

I'm gonna play some more today, but by myself. I read some reviews for it and apparently some people think that it's better in single player, and I expect it's going to be a lot easier, especially since I would be able to move at a faster pace than while I was playing with my other friends who aren't huge Nintendo fiends like I am.

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment