Friday, February 12, 2010

WTF @ SELF IMPLIED RACISM

I hate racist people. I don't hate prejudice people, because that's unavoidable, but I hate RACIST people. I mean, people who hate others because of their culture or skin colour or whatever the fuck reason they don't like another person's race. But what I hate even more is a person who stereotypes their own race for any reason at all.

I'm going to give you an example. I know this Italian guy, and he's a friend of mine, and he's kind of a pompous jackass. He's also one of these self-racist people. He knows every existing Italian stereotype in the book, and he fucking insists that every single one applies to him and that every single one is true. For a specific example, last new years party someone asked him if he had a cork screw (we were at his house.) His reaction was "I'm Italian," plain and simple. There was no "yes" or "no." I would assume that he meant that as a yes, but when asked where it was, he didn't know, and said he didn't think he actually had one. At that point, and this is srs bsns, I yelled at him for that, swore at him, and wanted to put my foot through his chest. He also uses the fact that he knows Italian people (mostly just his family, mind you) and that all of these people fit the stereotype. That really pisses me off, because to imply a racial stereotype to your own race is really fucking hypocritical. And Lord knows I hate a hypocrite.

So, a general message to the entire fucking world, don't fucking tear down (or build up, for that matter) your own race based on stereotypes. Don't be racist to others, either, but don't be racist to yourself. That just makes you a dick.

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment