Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Saki? None for me thanks.

We had a Saki Ceremony at Karate today (I guess it's past midnight but I'm still calling it today) where we sat around in a circle with candles in front of us and we talked about the year that went by and future comings etc. Sensei usually promotes someone at the Saki Ceremony, and this time around he promoted one of the other black belts to his first Dan, basically promoting him from Sempai (assistant) to Sensei (Teacher). That was a pretty exciting moment for everyone. I got my orange belt at a Saki Ceremony. I'm brown now. But anyways, back to today's ceremony. Not much else happened, I didn't have any Saki because I'm not big on alcohol, and I also don't like the taste (tried it at my first ceremony, didn't care for it).

After the ceremony, we decided to go to Boston Pizza a late dinner. We went to Don Cherry's every other year we went, idunno why we changed it this time but whatever. Anyways, shortly after the decision, I remembered I had a discount card that would work at a few different places for 20% off for a group of myself and up to 7 other guests. We ended up going to Kelsey's instead because it was one of the places that the card supported. I had ribs. Sensei Mike had all you can eat wings, which we all benefited hilariously from afterwards.

Basically, after a little while he decided to get 2 plates of suicide wings. He ate 4 wings, his son (who also takes karate) ate 1, I ate one, basically everyone ate one. Here's where the hilarious part comes in. Somewhere in the middle of all this, Klayton (who was promoted) stuck his finger in the sauce to taste it and broke out into a sweat. So Marie (obviously a girl who takes karate with us) said that she would eat a wing if he ate one. So they both ate one. Marie was fine, and Klayton was not. He was sweating like a friggen' metaphor. They did this two more times. Marie was still fine, Klayton was still not. We had a lot of laughs during this whole thing. When Klayton stood up, he noticed his pants were wet from sweat so I asked him if he peed himself.

When we left the restaurant, the 7 of us all said our goodbyes and "Merry Christmas"'s to each other. Except Marie didn't say Merry Christmas or even goodbye to me, even when someone mentioned it while they were leaving as a joke so I yelled a joke back and waited for my ride. Idunno what's up with that, she might have a thing for me (I have some circumstantial evidence from a good while back that shows she might, but whatever) so I'm thinking of trolling her for a while. I might update on that, but it probably won't turn out to be very interesting so I probably won't. But yaknow, when do I write anything interesting on this fuckin' blog anyway, right?

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment