Monday, December 14, 2009

Let's Start a Riot! Part 1.

Last week I went to a Three Days Grace concert, and it was fucking awesome. I don't have A LOT to say about it, because I don't really know what I could say about it without just describing what was happening, but I'll think of something.

Basically how I decided to go, was Peter told me a few months in advance that he was gonna go to that concert and take his girlfriend, Maegan, who is also my friend, and I asked if he would mind me going along, and he said sure. I did him a solid and ordered him the tickets online, and he paid me back in due time. On the night of the concert, I heard one of our other friends, Jasmine, was also attending. She bought her tickets much later than us, and had to pay $10 more than we did for the same seats. We were on the floor by the way. Anyways, we got there and I met a couple of Jasmine's/Maegan's friends who happened to be there too.

First, Default opened the show and played for a half hour. That was pretty cool. I don't listen to them myself, but I heard their music on the radio and stuff before so I recognized some of it. Then we waited a half hour after they were gone, and The Used came out. I didn't like them as much. The lead nig-*cough* singer said something about how anyone who doesn't smoke weed should smoke soon. Not so ironically enough, there were plenty of people in the audience smoking weed, and a few people blew puffs of smoke straight up into the air directly after he said that. Personally, I wasn't impressed.

After The Used fucked off, most of everyone in the audience fucked off. Peter laughed and said he knew everyone would leave after the used was done. And after about an hour of waiting, everyone started to come back en mass. I laughed at Peter for thinking everyone would leave, and after ANOTHER half hour of waiting, Three Days Grace came out. It was awesome, I'm not gonna get into details about their show. If you didn't go, then you don't care enough, I guarantee it. They played for about an hour and a half, and I recognized all of their songs (except one from apparently where the lead singer who's name I forget sang a song from his last band who's name I forget) and I sang along with everyone of them. Loudly. And not perfectly either, cause I can't hit the notes he was (my voice is deeper) so it kinda came out as death growling. And my voice occasionally cracked cause I'm not really used to that kind of pressure. Peter noticed my growling though, and said that I had a pretty good growl, which isn't something I can do in not very loud places. He also noticed my voice over everyone elses because I was so loud (and close, I guess).

It was pretty hardcore. I'll write more about this tomorrow, cause there are some side details that I don't want to cover in today's post, but I'll write about it tomorrow.

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment