Sunday, December 13, 2009

Go, Charizard!

It has been Goddamn forever since my last post. Oh well.

Me and that group of friends are having a pokemon competition, which I will elaborate on shortly. I have decided to take part in this competition myself for several reasons. One, I am an expert on pokemon around the people I hang out with, mostly because I go through vicious phases of pokemon gaming that can span over several weeks at a time, and it constantly sends me researching on different questions I have, even the little ones. Two, I figure I might get some respect from those ignorant cunts, and it has become somewhat successful, because they have realized my expertise on the topic, and as long as I don't give out my sources any error I make can be dodged easily. Three, it would be so Goddamn fun. We would all pile into my house, rig up some console idunno there's been some errors and I'm not 100% sure what we're gonna do about that yet, and we're gonna play Goddamn pokemon. It's gonna be awesome. Fourth, it gives me something to do in the meantime, and a goal to strive for. I'm doing it more for the fun of general competition than the actual confilct at hand, but I still think I would be a good addition to our setup.

So basically, it's that Chamander VS Squirtle argument that I mentioned in one of my other posts. There are a few of us starting with charmander, and a few of us starting with squirtle. I started with Charmander, because I like charizard better than blastoise, and the reason behind my whole argument is 1: dragon and 2: I prefer the fire type over the water type anyway. I haven't been playing much, but I don't feel like I have to do any more.

We are all playing Fire Red. The competitors include myself, Peter, Patrick, Chris, Kyle, Anthony, and I THINK Kayla, but I have no confirmation on that yet, despite my searching. We're going to have it set up on my gamecube (or wii if everything goes wrong) and have a level 50 all rule, so those of us who have less time to play, or people like me who get bored of the older games quickly enough, don't have a disadvantage. Also, people like Kyle, who only use one pokemon normally throughout the game, don't get an annoying advantage because he's got one overly powerful pokemon and the the randomly caught pokemon who are all the same level as the rest of us (but with no EVs I guess). However, as it turns out, and I only realized this TODAY, is that neither Pokemon Colosseum nor Pokemon XD gale of darkness have a level 50 all rule that CHANGES the levels of the pokemon to those respective levels. I thought they did, simply because pokemon battle revolution has this. This could cause a huge speedbump and cause us to have to do a lot of preparation directly on the day of the event, but it probably won't stop it. Probably.

I'm not gonna talk about my strategy, or my pokemon besides having chosen Charmander and obviously I will be using Charizard in the final event. I want any opponents getting wind of my strategies beforehand, if any of them are even readers, especially considering the fact I haven't posted in so long. But yaknow, they'll see soon enough I guess.

KingRanter

No comments:

Post a Comment