Saturday, June 5, 2010

King Ranter: Chapter 2-7 - Lawful Treason


Chrono burst into Zinc's lab triumphantly, "I'm King, bitches!" he cried out. Zinc was sitting in his lab patiently waiting for him. He chuckled.

"Of course you are," Zinc said, "Not that it'll matter for long."

"Naw, but at least that phase is over," replied Chrono.

"Ready to tear down the Kingdom of Gyronia?" Zinc prompted.

"Damn right, I am. Let's recap the plan and then I'll head out."

"Alright, then, here's the deal," Zinc began, "To tear down the Kingdom, we have to eliminate the King, who is now you. If you are killed, the killer will become King, but you can only be killed by intentional means, no disease or natural occurrence can kill you. Until you are slain, you are immortal. However, if we can split you back up into Ranter and Thomas, there will be no actual King, neither of you will be immortal, and if even just one of you dies by any means, Barcus will let the castle drop into the planet and it will be destroyed. No one will be able to take it's throne, no one will be King, and there will be no more tyranny. Got it?"

"Got it," Chrono said, "But I do need to know how I was doing that. What have you got for me?"

"It's pretty straight forward, you just have to break open your Diamond Key."

"Diamond Key? First I've heard of this, tell me more."

"Your Diamond Key is just a diamond, but it normally takes on a spiritual form. You can call it with summoning magic, you should be able to pull that off no problem, and then all you have to do is release power out of it like you would out of yourself. Before you get any stray ideas, you will never be able push out enough energy to break it willy-nilly."

"Can't I just turn off my power inhibitor?" asked Chrono.

"You're going to have to, but that won't be enough. You're going to have to get real pissed off."

"Oh, you mean because I can accelerate energy more efficiently when I've got rage, right?"

"Yeah, you got it, you know yourself just as well as I do. You're going to have to accelerate one hell of an energy load to break that key, so you can't do it content. The problem is, we won't necessarily find something to piss you off so easily."

"Something will come up. I'll just start looking for some more freelance shit to do until something pisses me off. Maybe I'll just go adventuring, even."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," said Zinc, "By the way, did you remember to turn your inhibitor back down?" asked Zinc.

"No, good call, I'll do that now." Chrono looked at his watch and checked his power inhibitor. He stopped in awe, staring at the numbers that he saw.

"Something the matter?" Zinc asked, concerned.

"I dunno, uhh..." Chrono stuttered. Zinc walked over to see what the problem was. He looked at Chrono's watch which read '20%.'

"No, you changed it back," reassured Zinc.

"No I didn't... Zinc, I didn't change it in the first place. I fought the King at 20% power."

No comments:

Post a Comment